Water Heater Repair + Replacement
Staten Plumbing Can Help Repair or Replace Your Hot Water Heater in Greenville & Upstate SC.
As your water heater ages, several issues may crop up which will require the services of a professional plumber. We suggest that you establish a regular maintenance plan to extend the life of your water heater system. Greenville and Upstate SC customers have relied on Staten Plumbing for expert plumbing services, including water heater repair and replacement for more than 50 years.
- Sediment Buildup – depending on your water supply, sediment will build up in your tank. This needs to be periodically checked and flushed.
- Anode Rods – These should be inspected and replaced periodically to extend the life of your unit.
- Pressure Valve and Expansion Tank – Should be checked regularly.
- Leaks and Drips – May indicate a small problem, like a pressure valve has failed, or a larger problem, indicating that the tank has corroded and needs to be replaced.
- Gas Heater Pilot Light – This should be checked to make sure it is burning properly. A malfunction can cause the buildup of carbon monoxide gas.
Selecting the Right Water Heater
When it comes time to replace your water heater, there are several options to consider. You must first determine how you want your hot water delivered. Do you want endless hot water or do you want it right away? What type of power source is available? If you choose a water storage system, how big should the tank be for your family?
- Tankless Water Heaters take up little space and provide an endless flow of hot water. A bit more expensive than a storage unit, it is also up to 30% more energy efficient. A tankless unit has a limited flow of hot water and may not be sufficient for larger households. Energy supply can be electric, gas or propane. Your new unit may last up to 20 years.
- Storage Water Heaters are the most common and least expensive types. Select a model with a high efficiency rating to minimize heat loss. The size should be suitable for your family, as the hot water will run out and needs to be resupplied after continuous use. Energy supply can be electric, oil, gas or propane. A good unit can last up to 15 years.
- Heat Pumps are the most energy efficient choice. A unit can save up to $300 per year in energy costs. Properly installed, the unit will efficiently move heat from one source to another. If not properly installed, which is too often the case — this type of hot water system can cause more harm than good. This system may last up to 15 years.
- Tankless Coil & Indirect are not a good choice in our warmer climate.
- Solar or Hybrid Water Heating Systems are the most energy efficient, but also the most costly selection. You may need a backup system to provide hot water when you don't have enough sun or storage to maintain your supply. This system can last up to 20 years.
When it's time to call a professional plumber...
If you are unsure of how to perform regular maintenance, you should call the professional plumbers at Staten Plumbing for a thorough system check and maintenance. Not only will your unit last longer, but you will have a safer, more efficient hot water system. If you notice a leak, call us right away. Do not try to diagnose your problem without turning off the power supply and water supply.
When it's time to select a new water heater, the patient professional plumbers at Staten Plumbing can help you navigate through the various options to help you decide on the right water heater for you and your family.
Our skilled plumbing experts are highly trained, licensed and insured, and 100% committed to ensuring your complete satisfaction with the quality of our work and our dedicated customer service. We take pride in what we do and maintaining a reputation for excellence in customer service and providing reliable plumbing solutions for both residential and commercial customers throughout the Southeast. We are members of the Better Business Bureau
. Check out our positive reviews on Facebook
Call us Today at (864) 520-1138 for Priority Plumbing Service!
"Staten came out to my home and did an awesome job. I would tell anyone that needed plumbing work done to call Staten. They were on time and did a great job."
"Best in town! Great friendly service and was able to come out asap! Highly recommend Staten plumbing and all of there staff!"
"Dustin did a great job!! Diagnosed our water pressure problem quickly, adjusted the pressure, found blockages in two lines, and had the water pressure back to normal in no time. Wonderful job!! We'd call him again in a minute!!"
"Dean Allen is amazing person and help my family out. This company have amazing service and responded was really good. I will highly recommend them to anyone."
"Dean and Steven did a great job diagnosing issues with our water pressure and resulting problems with water heater. They were quick and efficient with the installation of the heater and pressure release valve and explained how to operate them after they finished. I highly recommend Staten!"
"Dean Burns and Steven Glenn got everything done that I needed at a fair price. Very professional, fast and great workmanship. I will be calling them for now on for all my plumbing needs. I highly recommend Staten Plumbing."
"I'd definitely use these guys again. One of my rentals had a water heater go out in the crawl space and it was 25° outside - but didn't stop them from changing it out for me. On time, finished by lunch and back in service. Thanks guys!"
"Greatest experience with a plumbing company! I called at 5:30am, the call was answered and a technician called back with an appointment time. They were prompt, did a great job and reasonably priced. I highy recommend Staten."
"I had a problem with my kitchen sink leaking and called Staten. The technician was on time, thorough, considerate & even helped me with a fridge. Cost was on par with other companies and I would recommend Staten."
"Dean and Big Tommy took care of a custom pipe configuration for me in less than an hour. Super great guys to deal with and they know their plumbing."
"Today, my house flooded because the toilet valve busted. Staten plumbing arrived quickly and the plumber, John, was friendly and fixed the issue right away. I would highly recommend this professional business."
"Excellent service and promptly responded to request for immediate service. Dean and Antwan were very professional and personable. Highly recommend."
"Fantastic! Fixed all of my water problems! Saved me a bunch of money on my next water bill."
"Omgeeeee!!! Gregory was on time! He was polite!! He went above and beyond in His excellent service. What a guy!! He cleaned up as he went and installed the equipment with expertise!!! I am recommending him to everyone I know!!! Great job..with humor!!"
"Awesome work! Greg came out, same day, to address my problem. He was extremely hard working, polite, friendly, and solved my problem as he worked into the nighttime hours. Oh, and he did the job for the best price too! Highly recommend!"
"Man, are these guys good! We had some gurgling in our tubs and sinks, so we called them out. Not only did they fix our issue, but they found and fixed another problem at our house caused by another local plumbing company. They were on time, effecient, and even left me with some things we could do ourselves so they wouldn't have to address this problem again. Great team! Thank you Greg and Dean!"
Priority Plumbing Service
For the fastest plumbing service available, call us today for 24/7 Priority Plumbing Service.
No job is too big or too small, and we are available most any time you need us.
Or to schedule an appointment please click the Service Request button above and we will promptly contact you during normal business hours. Once we receive the request for service, a licensed plumber will be dispatched in a fully-stocked service van with all the right tools to get the job done.
Our skilled plumbing experts are highly trained, licensed and insured, and 100% committed to ensuring your complete satisfaction with the quality of our work and our dedicated customer service.
The Local Plumbing Pros
Residential and commercial customers throughout Greenville and the Upstate of SC give Staten Plumbing the highest marks for reliable plumbing service, repairs and installations.
Our goal with every job is complete customer satisfaction. We do that by providing prompt, professional service, with a strong reputation of unmatched plumbing services
Reputation is Everything
We are members of the Better Business Bureau
. Check out our positive reviews on Facebook
is always our top priority, so we believe in honest, upfront pricing and treating our customers fairly.